Healing is a process. Reiki assists healing.
Dr. Usui used the following five spiritual principles to help us live a proper life and to heal ourselves just by being and living.
1. Just for today, I will let go of anger. Anger is our choice to respond to unmet expectations or disappointments. Anger affects the liver and gallbladder. Endeavour to always respond in a positive way.
2. Just for today, I will let go of worry. Worry creates stress and is a waste of energy. Thoughts affect our energy. Worry affects the spleen, stomach and pancreas.
3. Just for today, I will show my gratitude for my many blessings. Being grateful reinforces abundance in our lives. Gratitude helps me let go of grief. Grief affects the large intestine and lungs.
4. Just for today, I will be honest. Be honest in everything you do or say to yourself and to others. If you’re not honest, there is fear. Fear affects the bladder and kidneys.
5. Just for today, I will be kind. Be kind to all, especially to yourself. Let go of the busyness and hastiness. Hastiness affects the heart and small intestine.